Kutuharju tagged me to tell about six characteristic things in me. Especially I was challenged to name six English attributes describing me.
Well, I have to take this easy, otherwise it’s going to be way too difficult to define what typical English features are on the whole.
- I like tea, although I seldom put the kettle on nowadays. Instead I make my tea with microwave, yes, a shame, but times, they are a’ changing.
- I love football, i.e. real football, also known as soccer in some parts of the globe. But it’s football to me, no soccer.
- I prefer British accent to American and I speak likewise. American English sounds a bit funny in my ears, but not as funny as Australian English.
- I like chips. I can eat them without fish.
- I like beer.
- My sense of humour is odd and dry.
So, in my world, all Englishmen like tea, are football-fans, pronounce words differently than in Hollywood-films, eat chips with beer and laugh at peculiar things.
Maybe not. But here, in this post, they do.