Thursday 11 October 2012

My Art Exhibition



my friend Johanna

It’s done! The opening of my first ever art exhibition was last week and now I’m dead tired. Pleased, happy, also.

I had an exhibition diary in my Finnish blog, there I wrote about the misery, flow, uncertainty, despair and utter joy, all those feelings that overwhelmed me during the preparations of the exhibition. It was, and still is, quite a process!


The exhibition is called Not Yesterday. Not Tomorrow. Now.
It contains of two parts: Women of Rose Valley, sixteen paintings done with acrylics and mixed media. The other part includes ten collages and its name is Collage Crazy. I used a lot of recycled material in these collages. Also most of the frames were bought from flea markets and such places, I painted and pimped them up.


My dear friend Johanna helped me with framing and putting up the paintings. She was indispensable. She’s a real artist and you can enjoy her paintings looking here. Also all my other friends and all the commentators in my blogs helped me to make this dream of mine come true. 


The opening was a fun occasion. Almost thirty people came and what I heard, people seemed to enjoy themselves.

The exhibition is in Mellunmäki, a suburb in Helsinki, not a central place, but the gallery was free of charge. I’d never have so much money that I could rent space for my paintings. The exhibition is open 2-30.10.2012 from Monday to Friday 10-18.


I’m happy that I succeeded and had the strength for fulfill this exhibition. It was a dream for me. I know what it’s like to live without dreams, without hope, without being able to see into the future. I've had many black years. Now, the colors are different. Now.








9 comments:

hpy said...

Taulusi nayttavat hyvilta tummilla seinilla. (-Varmaan vaaleillakin..)
Kiva etta avaus meni hyvin ja etta jaksat olla innostunut vielakin.

PeterParis said...

hpy is supposed to write in English here! :-)

I'm so happy for you! From what I know already and from what I can see on the walls, it was really time that you could have this exhibition. Soon maybe more to follow!

SusuPetal said...

Hélène, mustat seinät olivat todellakin hyvät. Avajaiset menivät hyvin, mutta kovin innostunut en jaksa olla enää. Olen väsynyt.

Peter, Hélène is a wild thing!
I'm glad I could fulfill this dream, although I'm now dead tired.

Mick Mather said...

A first exhibition is truly a rush for the artist; and, in all of the areas you mention. These photographs show a fine exhibit indeed and lots of interested and happy faces. Congratulations, Susu!

SusuPetal said...


Mick indeed a rush of emotions, I'm still exhausted. Pity that you can't fly over here and take a look at those painting live!

Ellen said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SusuPetal said...

Thanks, Ellen!!

Anonymous said...

Super news! So exciting! And so happy for you. Congratulations. Much love...

SusuPetal said...

Thanks, ambodoira!!